Stash of notes about OSS, OSes, virtualization, dev hobby projects &c
March 31, 2012 — 17:50
echo disk > /sys/power/state
grep PM: /var/log/dmesg
Disk Encryption and hibernate
Verify resume device:
sudo update-initramfs -u -k all
If it’s still not working try testing without encrypted swap (
Hibernate under Ubuntu often doesn’t work or stops working after a dist upgrade.
There’s several method’s to hibernate (and suspend): uswsup, tuxonince etc – we won’t be using any of those here.
Steps to fix hibernate
- Check logs /var/log/pm-powersave.log (and /var/log/pm-suspend.log)
- Check if you have enough swap
- Try removing all connected usb devices first before hibernating (my XBOX 360 Wireless receiver stops hibernate from working, see script below)
- System is hibernating but not resuming? Check /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume (and do a update-initramfs -k all -u)
- Still not working? sudo apt-get remove hibernate uswsusp (just to be sure)
- More info: http://chriseiffel.com/everything-linux/step-by-step-how-to-get-hibernate-working-for-linux-ubuntu-11-04-mint-11/
This script disables all usb controllers using UHCI on hibernate and enables them on resume.